Thursday, November 15, 2012

Anxiety

E's anxiety is particularly high at the moment. I am going to the cinema in 3 days and he is already flipping out about it. He won't leave my side, preferring to be on top of me when I'm sitting, or trying to climb under my clothes when I'm standing. He says he doesn't want to stay home with his Dad, but nobody else can watch him. Besides, I know he will be fine with husbandface! It is good for husband to spend time alone with the kids, and good for the kids.

When there's something looming on the horizon that he is dreading, he starts to think and worry about other events in the future. So today, he is not only stressed about the cinema, but worrying about a pediatrician appt we have next month, worrying about going to pre-school next year, and worrying about all of us staying with my in-laws for Christmas. M is very sick today with a high fever, very lethargic and whingy, insisting I hold her at all times, so of course that is difficult for all of us, poor squishy girl.

The pediatrician, GP and OT have all suggested we think more seriously about anti-anxiety medication. It's on days like these that I get where they are coming from, but it's still not a road I think we should go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment