Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tired & Tranquil

I shall try to keep this short and sweet as it is way past my new (very early) bed time. Some people don't need much sleep to be happy and alert, some people need a lot. I am the latter. I have been making myself go to bed early and the benefits are astounding. I have more energy, more patience, am eating less, am yelling less. I miss evenings with my husband, but this it is worth it (sorry my love!)

E has been doing better since I last posted. He has started hoarding "scents" now, after I bought him a travel size body spray. All of husband face's and my deodorants, body sprays, perfumes and colognes are stored in a neat little line in his cupboard. He drowns himself in scent probably 20-30 times a day. We are trying to explain why it isn't very healthy to do that, but he does it anyway! The OT says that his sense of smell (like his sense of taste) is probably not strongly developed, which is why he loves strong tasting foods and smelly sprays. Bleugh. I am sure he will move on to something else soon. I hope, anyway.


I think perhaps I will take M out of day care until she is older. Husband face has offered me a weekend day to myself, every week, and I might just take it. She has been twice, been sick from there twice, and has been much clingier and unhappy. My instincts are screaming at me to take her out, but I still want to think about it for a little while longer.


That is truly pretty much all I have the energy to say. The weather has turned cooler, and the evening is so quiet. My baby girl is asleep beside me and I can hear E's gentle snores coming from the next room. Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I think 2 times is not really giving daycare a fair shake. Nick got sick for 12 months going to daycare (sorry, probably not what you want to hear). Don't they say to give it 4-6 weeks and then try again later if it's not working? Can't tell much from just 2 days, but you have to go with your gut. You know your kids and PLEASE PLEASE DO take your husband up on that day to yourself. you NEED it love. Most (I'd say all!) need it. And whats more, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete